Staff Selection Commission is about to release the SSC CHSL Notification 2019-20. The popular CHSL( Combined Higher Secondary Level) Exam is conducted for students who have cleared their 10+2. Know what to expect from the Notification, Salary details, expected vacancies & more.
What is the Salary for SSC CHSL?
With the SSC CHSL Recruitment, Staff Selection Commission aims to hire for the post of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC) & Court Clerk in various ministries/departments of the government.
The In-hand Salary details for these posts is as follows:-
- The starting salary for Data Entry Operator is Rs 25,165 to Rs 31,045
- Salary for Postal Assistant/SA is Rs 25,165 to Rs 31,045
- Court Cler Salary is Rs 18,777 to Rs 22.411
- The In-hand Salary for Lower Division Clerk is Rs 18,777 to Rs 22,411.
Know more about the SSC CHSL Notification 2019-20
What are the Important Dates for SSC CHSL 2019-20 Exam?
Go through the following CHSL Examination schedule for the upcoming notification:-
- The Official Notification for Recruitment is expected to be released on 3rd December 2019.
- You will be able to fill the Application Form from 3rd December to 10th January 2020.
- The Tier 1 Online Exam will be conducted from 16th to 27th March 2020.
- Make sure to apply online well before the last date of application in order to avoid any last-minute hiccups.
SSC CHSL Selection Process
Staff Selection Commission recruits candidates in 3 Stages/Tiers. Only on clearing these stages, the final appointment will be done.
Tier 1 Exam- This is an Online Objective test which questions candidates in 4 Sections ( Logical Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness)
Tier 2 Exam– The second stage of the exam is a descriptive paper conducted Offline which tests candidates ability to write Letter/Application & Essays.
Tier 3 Exam– Last stage of the CHSL Recruitment is a Skill/Typing test to check the speed & accuracy of typing content. Tier 3 test is only applicable for select positions.
What Are the Expected Vacancies for SSC CHSL 2019-20 Exam?
Staff Selection Commission had announced 5789 vacancies in the previous notification. SSC is expected to announce 6000+ Vacancies this time around. The following table displays the vacancy details for the previous CHSL Recruitment-
|Posts||SSC CHSL 2018-19|
|LDC/ JSA||1855 Vacancies|
|PA/ SA||3880 Vacancies|
How To Prepare For SSC CHSL Exam?
Follow these important steps to prepare for the Combined Higher Secondary Level Recruitment:-
- Practice with Free SSC CHSL Mock Tests to get an idea about the important questions and the level of the paper.
- Start your preparation by improving your weak areas in the exam. Once you have worked on your weak points, cement your strong points.
- As Negative marking is applicable in the first stage of the exam, strategize & answer only those questions that you are sure about.
- Go through the Previous Year SSC CHSL Question Papers to get an idea about the repeated topics and questions in the exam.
- If you are new to the competitive exam culture then we recommend you to study regularly and don’t get too tensed about the exam. Believe in your preparation and attempt the exam with focus.